Monday, October 7, 2013

The waiting is the hardest part!

Waiting is SO. HARD.

All I want is to get in to our new place and start painting, decorating and making the repairs we need to make! But unfortunately, buying a foreclosed home always seems to present some problems and we are experiencing those at the moment. So we have to be patient. Which is hard. Really hard.
So I spend a lot of time thinking about the changes we are going to make, the paint colors we will use, the style couch we will buy for the living room....etc...
There are 4 things that I really seem to be stuck on most at the moment. Master bedroom paint color, accent wall in the living room, entryway makeover and painting or staining the existing kitchen cabinets. So of course I have been scouring Pinterest for ideas!
For the master bedroom I have actually been considering Pink. I KNOW. I shocked even myself with that one. My go to colors are normally grays and blues so I was trying hard to go for something different. And since our bedspread and a few other bedroom accent pieces are gray... pink came to mind! I think it stemmed from THIS article I read on Apartment Therapy.
Click Here!
They suggested a super duper light pink and I think I like that idea. The Paris White above is pretty (I think the true color sort of got lost in translation....check out the link for a better image).  I even ran it by the hubster and he was on board without much hesitation! I just don't want it to end up looking like a little girl's room....so we'll see!
In this new house we will be fortunate enough to have a living room and family room. I am so exicted about this! For the living room I definitely want there to be an accent wall. I would LOVE some kind of crazy wallpaper (and by 'crazy' I mean birds or flowers...which to my husband is crazy) but I don't think Jon would be a big fan so we are working on finding a stencil or wallpaper that we can both agree on. Here are a few that I like - All found on Etsy.

Large Graphic Herringbone Shuffle Allover Wall Stencil

Moroccan Wall Stencil
Arrow Pattern Self-Adhesive Wallpaper
Scallop Pattern Self-Adhesive Wallpaper
For the entryway we definitely need a new light fixture and flooring but I am most excited about making over the closet. We plan on doing something like this...
Coat Closet Redo - click here
And then there are the kitchen cabinets.
Excuse the blurry photo... but as you can see from the picture, they are great cabinets with plenty of storage,
which we are sooo stoked about. BUT neither Jon or I are fans of the light colored wood (which are even lighter in person. This crappy photo doesn't do them justice). And can we talk about those handles for a minute...WHO THE, WHAT THE?? They are terrible. It's hard to see them that great in this photo but they are just oversized ivory balls.  SO, we plan on staining or painting the cabinets...not sure which way to go yet but here is some inspiration for that project.... 
Gray is definitely a favorite of mine! Could be a nice little twist.
Gray Cabinets
Minty Green would be a fun, unexpected color!
Minty Kitchen
Or a classic white is always nice.....with a little pop of color!
Classic White
So researching and 'Pinning' ideas is keeping the hope alive for me right now! I would love to hear about any home decor ideas that are really inspiring you right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment