Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hello & Welcome!

I am so excited to start fresh in this brand new blog space! Thanks for checking me out. I am hoping some might have hopped over from my old blog Hollie Would Vintage Life.
I decided to change things up because I just felt like I needed a fresh 'blog' start to go along with all the new and exciting things happening in my life! I didn't feel like the name really fit any more. I still LOVE vintage and it is a big part of what I do in my free time but I have a lot more to share than just vintage. A lot of changes have occured in my life in the past year and I feel very blessed and felt like the old space was limiting me and what I felt like I could share.
One of the most current changes is that my husband and I are in the process of buying our first home together! I bought a townhouse several years ago before we had even met and really loved it and was proud that it was my first place and had bought it on my own. But since meeting Jon and getting married, we are ready to move on to bigger and better things! Buying a home together is just super exciting.
The Good News - We ended up selling the townhouse in about 24 hours, which we totally weren't expecting. What a blessing! And we found a house we both really love and our offer was accepted.
The Bad News - The house we are in the process of buying is a foreclosure and some issues have come up in trying to close on it.
So it came time to close on the townhouse and things still aren't worked out with our new place. So right now we are in limbo. We moved everything out and are temporarily living at my parent's house. We are so grateful to have a place to stay and store our stuff while we are waiting, but we can't wait to get into the new place and make it our own! That is what I am most excited about sharing in this space - decorating, renovating and sharing the transformation of it! We have so many ideas and changes we want to make and I can't wait to share them!
But, in the meantime while we are waiting to finally close, you will just have to settle for other tid-bits of my life - maybe some tips on how to live out of a suitcase or survive the ups and downs of buying a foreclosure?? Sounds excting, right? ;)

boarder via A Beautiful Mess app

2 comments:

  1. So excited to follow your new blog (which looks *gorgeous*, by the way). :)
    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! Hopefully we will be in our new place soon so I actually HAVE something to share :)

      Delete